The field of implant dentistry has been established into the mainstream dental practices worldwide. The issues of missing and damaged teeth can hinder the self-esteem and social life of many individuals. This is due to the reason that our teeth play a very crucial role in helping us eat, chew and smile in our daily lives. The main goal of this branch of dentistry is to provide long-term solutions for patients with damaged, decayed, or missing teeth.
Fortunately, the invention of treatment options like dental implants has opened up a wide range of possibilities. These dental appliances are made to match the look, size, and color of your natural teeth. Recent evidence-based studies claim that this dental procedure has a 98% success rate. However, it may not be the right solution for certain people. Therefore, it is highly recommended to consult your dentist to know whether you are the right candidate for this treatment.
Dental Implants and Their Types
In simple terms, Dental Implants can be defined and described as prosthetic roots of teeth that are fitted inside the jawbone to act like regular teeth. They are usually used for all kinds of dental issues related to tooth loss or missing teeth. There are three different types of dental implants that one can choose from, or his or her dentist can choose for his patient.
- Endosteal Implants: Endosteal implant is the most common type of implant. However, they are only recommended for patients who have healthy jawbones.
- Subperiosteal Implants: The second type of dental implant is the Subperiosteal implant. This acts as the leading alternative option of endosteal implants. This procedure is most suitable for patients who do not have enough jaw bone.
- Zygomatic Implants: This type of dental implant is the least used dental treatment in the field of dentistry. It involves a very complex surgical procedure and is only prescribed for patients with fully or partially absent jawbones.
Advantages of Dental Implants
There are numerous benefits of dental implants, which are as follows:
- Averts Bone Loss: Sometimes tooth loss can be accompanied by loss of bone in the jaw. Dental replacement options like implants are the only treatment that encourages the stimulation of the jaw bone and prevents bone loss.
- Brings Back the Bite Force: Dental implants play a huge role in restoring the bite force of the patient.
- Enhances the Aesthetic Value: Generally, implants are manufactured to look like your natural teeth. It enables the patient to feel at ease after choosing this option.
We hope our blog has offered you a lot of information about dental implants and their benefits. In case you are looking for the best dental care in Manvel, TX, then please visit us at Manvel Dental and Implant Center. Our team of dentists offers the best solutions for all your dental needs.